Sunday, April 13, 2014

DFTBA!

Oh, Hank and John Green. They bring much education and joy into my home. And while I'm a huge fan of John, I definitely favor Hank.

Last night, I had a dream that Hank and John Green were my brothers. One dream night, we went out for dream dinner with my real-life sister (who I'll call Liza) and her real-life husband (who I'll call Clark), as well as a few other people. At dream dinner, Liza picked some sort of fight with me. I don't remember about what, but I remember it was really hurtful and awful. Then she threw something at me, which led to me screaming angrily. This led to all of the other women at the table telling me I was a horrible, insane bitch. So I got up and left. 

Sitting in my dream car, I got a dream text from dream brother Hank, telling me dream our sister had left and that he wanted me to come back. So I returned to dream restaurant, where Hank was waiting for me by the door. Just inside the door, dream Hank gave me the warmest, most loving hug I've ever dream experienced, and walked me back to the table. Sitting with my dream brothers, much happiness and fun was had.

In reality, I woke up warm and cozy in the loving arms of Le Boyfriend, who was wide awake and had likely been watching some Vlog Brothers while I was sleeping. I could make some speculation about how, even though Le Boyfriend is incredible and I love him dearly, I feel rather lonely and abandoned. I moved 45 minutes away two years ago, and most of my "closest friends" have never bothered to come down and visit. I had ankle surgery about two weeks ago and expressed repeatedly beforehand that I was going to be lonely and wanting company, yet very few people from "home" have come to see me, and literally none of the friends I've made much closer to my new home have come over. My sister hasn't so much as called me. So it would be easy to speculate that this dream was forged in loneliness, because no matter how awesome my boyfriend and his family and friends are, no matter how much I love them, I want the people I care about to care about me too. The dream fight? Anger that those people give no indication that they do care. The being dream-shunned? The guilt of not feeling Le Boyfriend is enough. Hank Green being my dream brother? He amuses me and I think we would have fun conversations. John Green being my other dream brother? Same reason. 

However, I think the simple explanation is I watch too many Hank Green videos, was thrashing in my sleep a bit, and the boyfriend hugged and comforted me in my sleep. Either way, I enjoyed waking up in his arms. Now, enjoy this link to a video of Hank Green talking about the psychology of dreams in a Crash Course video. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rMHus-0wFSo

No comments:

Post a Comment