Friday, March 21, 2014

Easter Bastards

A few years ago, around Easter time, my sister put a small package together for our Aunt. I don't recall exactly what this box contained, but it had some form of Easter candy in it. My sister may have even put some Easter grass in the box. She put our Aunt's address on the box, our address for the return address, and then wrote a note on the back of the package:

Hi! I'm an Easter Bastard!

Our mother noticed this note before taking it to the post office and was not amused, until learning my sister had genuinely written the wrong word. Of course, she intended to write "Hi! I'm an Easter Basket!" Then, in attempt to fix the note, it turned into:

Hi! I'm an Easter Bastard!ket!

Since, this has become a joke in my family, because we're slightly horrible people (hopefully in an amusing way, though). This leads to statements like:

"Hey, Honey? Are we making your mom an Easter Bastard this year?"

"Hey, look what I got Kate's Easter Bastard!"

The store at which I work my day job, like many stores, has a suggestive sell initiative. We're supposed to sell x number Chocolate Yum-Yum Bars per shift. I think tomorrow, I'm going to ask customers if they'd like to purchase Chocolate Yum-Yum Bars to include in their families' Easter Bastards.

No comments:

Post a Comment